Friday, August 23, 2013

Speer Family Unpackaged Day 6

I can't believe this week is almost over.  It is feeling so routine.  For breakfast, I had banana bread and the kids had chicken noodle soup.  They ate frozen fruit with Shawn while he made his smoothie.  

The kids ate a whole bunch of banana bread for a late morning snack before we went to Giant Eagle.  Paul wouldn't eat it before when I told him it was banana bread, but today when I gave him a bite and didn't tell him what it was, he couldn't stop eating it!  
We had to get additional groceries because Shawn's friend Carl is coming for the weekend and we wanted to make a nice dinner for tomorrow.  I spent $120.  I did stock up on some packaged goods for next week.  I felt kind of sad and hypocritical doing so.  In particular I bought chemically ice cream and pepperoni.  And I bought pre-shredded cheese.  
As we were not going to be home for dinner, I made the venison cheeseburger casserole for lunch.  Both kids ate it.  

They had a late afternoon snack of oatmeal while they watched Dora.  We also ate watermelon and a nectarine during the afternoon.

We had dinner at Matt and Jill's house.  I told them at church (after giving my Speer Family Unpackaged children's sermon) that I didn't expect them to follow our special diet for dinner.  Still, I appreciated that they kindly prepared dinner with minimal chemicals.  We had beer can chicken, baked potatoes and corn on the cob.  It was delicious!  I did splurge on some bottled BBQ sauce!  I actually didn't even think about it until the way home.

The kids stayed at Judy's while Shawn and I went to our picnic.  I sent them sliced cheese and mixed nuts with banana chips, raisins, organic dried cranberries and dried cherries (Eden brand, without chemicals).  They had a great time with Judy, which was a relief for me!

?? Weight ??
I wondered what this week would do for our weight.  I weighed Paul and myself this morning.  Since we were having a picnic tonight and going to a birthday party tomorrow, I thought the most accurate weight results would be taken this morning.  Paul and I both lost 1 pound.  I was happy for myself, especially considering all that butter and olive oil!  I was very surprised about Paul.  He seemed to eat very well throughout the week.  I really don't know what to think.  I don't think he needed to lose any weight, but I certainly don't think he was malnourished this past week.  This was an unexpected result.  However, it's only 1 pound, I don't think it's worth worrying about.

Lesson Learned Today
For some crazy reason I'm missing this week already before it's even over.  I guess I just really enjoy being obsessed with food!

No comments:

Post a Comment