Friday, March 7, 2014

The Speer Family Goes Raw


For our latest week long food experiment, Shawn Speer has convinced me to give the raw food diet a try. Well, raw food plus homemade bread. He knew he would have a tough time getting me on board for a week of no bread. I generally like my food cooked, but Shawn has gone along with countless food schemes I’ve tried out over the years, so I’ll give it a try. I’m doing my best to learn about raw foods and to prepare a menu for our week. 
I was convinced I wouldn't like green smoothies (smoothies with greens), but I tried the blueberry spinach smoothie from the book we are  using for our week, Raw Food Made Easy, and it was great.  Even Joy drank it!  
Today i made almond butter.  Plain, it was not very tasty, but it was good with honey.  I made those tiny almond butter chocolate chip "cookies" for the kids and Paul could not stop eating them!
Earlier in the week, I tried a recipe for faux sour cream dip made with cashews.  It tasted kind of like baba ganoush.  It was good, we ate it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment