Saturday, March 15, 2014

The Speer Family Goes Raw Day 6

I can't believe today is our second to last day.  
For breakfast, I had naan with a combination of the strawberry cashew yogurt and chocolate avocado icing.  
For lunch, we had our green smoothies and more delicious sandwiches with walnut pate and raw marinara. 

For dinner we had veggies and dips and raw apple crisp.  We made some lettuce wraps and had some of of the veggies as crudites with the dip.  The dips were the ranch made with cashews and the Asian almond "peanut" sauce (from my Raw Food Made Easy book).  I really liked having the wraps and dips for dinner.  I think it will make a great summer garden season dinner and is a nice alternative to a salad.



 We made raw apple crisp for dessert.  I gave the kids the job of peeling the apples while I washed out the food processor.  When I turned around, I discovered they were eating them!  The apple crisp turned out surprisingly good.  I had seen a couple recipes for raw applesauce.  I thought it would be gross.  It was fabulous!  The filling of the crisp was a combination of sliced apples and applesauce (apples pureed with dates, raisins, maple syrup, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg.) The topping was a combination of ground walnuts and dates.  I added some raw sugar because I do like my treats sweet!  The apple crisp was good, but I liked the raw apple sauce so much I think I'd rather just have it topped with the crumble topping.




Today's Recipe of the Day:  Blueberry Green Smoothies
These are the smoothies that converted me from thinking that I could never drink a green smoothie to drinking one every day for a week!

1/2 cup water
1 orange peeled, sectioned and seeded
1 banana
6 oz frozen blueberries or mixed berries
1 1/2 cups chopped spinach

Put all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.  Serve immediately.



This recipe is adapted from Raw Food Made Easy (http://www.amazon.com/Raw-Food-Made-Easy-People-ebook/dp/B00BUV1DZO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394568233&sr=8-1&keywords=raw+food+made+easy)  by Jennifer Cornbleet.  Her website is http://learnrawfood.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment