Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Speer Family Goes Raw Day 2

First of all, I have had a request to share some recipes, so here is the link to the recipe for the veggie burgers:  http://www.rawfoodrecipes.com/recipes/raw-veggie-burgers.html
The recipe made 18 burgers.  I thought that sounded like a lot, so I cut it by a third, and still made 7 burgers.  The next time I do a week of raw food, I'll make the whole recipe.  They really are good, and I bet that they'd easily keep for a whole week.  They are the strangest things, but they really are good with tomato, lettuce and tahini mayo.  

I've been doing research regarding whether it is a copyright infringement to publish someone else's recipes.  I have sent a message to the author of the raw foods book we are using (http://www.amazon.com/Raw-Food-Made-Easy-People-ebook/dp/B00BUV1DZO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394568233&sr=8-1&keywords=raw+food+made+easy)  and if I get the go ahead I'll publish more recipes.  

Today I had naan with raspberry jam again for breakfast.  I made the naan with olive oil this morning and I thought it was great. I had a green smoothie for a snack.  I had some running around to do before I took Joy to gymnastics today and I knew I'd be starving before we got home.  For a snack in the car I took raisins and raw walnuts.  I was hungry and ate them all.
I had a veggie burger sandwich for lunch, along with bread with my raw dipping sauce.  

For dinner, I made creamy tomato soup with ranch dressing.  I did not think I would like a raw tomato soup, but I really did.  It is thickened with avocado.  In the summer when I have fresh tomatoes and it is too hot too cook, I think we will be eating a lot of this soup!



I had some of our chocolate cake (and several spoonfulls of extra avocado icing!) for dessert.
Since my bulk order of cashews arrived today, I made strawberry cashew yogurt for a bedtime snack.  I really liked it with the raw muesli.  Joy liked it with chocolate chips!


No comments:

Post a Comment