Thursday, June 11, 2015

Vacation to Green Valley

These pictures are pretty much backwards order.  I am SO, SO thankful that we didn't see this guy until we were packing the truck up, or I think I would have felt a lot more uncomfortable on our vacation!!


When we got to Green Valley, it was nice to see the kids running right down to the pond.  They are getting so much more independent. We had already made broccoli and ham soup for dinner and Joy had mac and cheese. Then they put on their water shoes and play at the edge of the pond.  They really had a great time wading in to the water. They had fun jumping off the side of the pond saying, "Cowabunga dude!"  Then they got a bath and were able to go in to the hot tub for a little while.  They really really liked the hot tub. Then they watched one Wild Animal Babies and went to bed. Joy screamed for a good while but finally went to sleep. We played Uno with Paul while she went to sleep.

Monday we got up and out the door before Shawn woke up. We walked up to the bridge to throw rocks over the side. Both kids wanted to get in but we did not have on the proper attire. We walked up to Sophrena because there was no one there The kids played on the hammock there for a while. I put both kids in the paddle boat with me and it was a disaster. Joy sat  behind Paul and all they did was fight. Then, I tried to get them to play volleyball and badminton but the bugs were too bad. Then we came back and Shawn got up and I think we went in the hot tub again. Shawn ran out to get serious bug spray with deet.  After we ate lunch, we put on our water shoes and bathing suits and shorts and came back down to the creek at the bridge. We spent all afternoon walking in the creek.  

We were planning on coming back and having a fire and roasting hotdogs for dinner but it looked like it was about to rain. We changed our mind and had pancakes and bacon instead. While Shawn was cooking I alternated between reading or playing with one kid while the other one played games on the Kindle.  After dinner the rain stopped and Paul and Shawn went fishing. Joy and I watched Tangled and Shawn and Paul came in for the end of it. Joy was kind of scared of the movie; she didn't really care for it. They went in the hot tub before bed.

Tuesday morning I got up before everyone else and Cain and I went out on a 5 mile run.
It was the same route I have been doing, out to the end of the road and turning left and keeping straight all the way to the main road. It was a 4 mile run from Excelsior is a 5 mile run from Lory. I was very glad I did it. Can and I had a very, very nice time. 

After I came back and we all ate then we got ready to go for a hike. Shawn put Joy in the pouch and we did the Smith Run Trail. Paul wanted to go up to the top meadow and see the hunting blinds that he remembered from being here before. We and a nice time on our hike.  When we were done we walked with the kids up to see Excelsior. Gary was there working so we did not linger, we just showed them where it was. Then we came home and ate. Then the kids were worn out from all of our exercise so they watched Tangled again. 

Later in the afternoon we took the kids in the rowboat. We sang lots of verses of row row your boat. Then Shawn went and got a bucket of fish food that Gary had given to him. They stood on the dock and threw it in. Then they went to the bank and through more in. The catfish went crazy, there were tons of them. Paul tried to catch them with his butterfly net but was not successful. But he did have fun. 

Then Paul and Shawn got in the row boat and Joy and I were in the pedal boat. We chased each other all over the pond. Paul kept hopping from boat to boat in the middle of the pond. I was surprised he didn't fall in. Then Paul and Shawn fished for a good while more and caught many more fish. I sat with Joy while she waded and jumped in to the pond some more. Then Paul decided to do some wading and jumping too. 

Then I got them dried off and we made a fire and roasted hot dogs for dinner. We also had french fries and watermelon. Then we made Smore's for desert. While Shawn was working on the fire, Paul was playing with Shawn's fishing knife.  He cut a big gouge out of his thumb with it.  I'm so thankful it was shallow rather than a deep slice, or it would have likely needed stitches.  

Then I got the kids showers and they went in the hot tub for a little while longer. Then they watched Dinobusters and then I put Joy to bed. Then Paul and Shawn and I played Sequence.

The next morning, we got up and the kids played in the hot tub one last time.  Then we packed up and left.






























When you find a wardrobe, you can't pass up the chance of trying to get to Narnia!

No comments:

Post a Comment