Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Good Mom/Bad Mom

I felt like both a good and bad mom on Saturday.
Paul came in the room and told me that he had hit Joy harder than he should have.  He put himself in his thinking spot and set the timer in his head.  Then he said, "Beep, beep, beep" and got up.  I was proud of the way he disciplined himself.

And then...
Joy walked into the room as I was finishing cleaning up the kitchen after dinner with a blue face and mouth. I asked her if she ate a lollipop. She said, "No, a crayon." I looked in her mouth and saw it was filled with blue crayon. Paul asked her what color she ate. She said lots of colors. I brushed her teeth several times, gave her a lecture about why it was not safe, and told her her consequence would be that she could not have ice cream after dinner with the rest of us. As I was finding the crayon remnants to throw them away, I looked and saw that she had another mouthful of crayons!!!!! In a matter of milliseconds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment