Sunday, February 9, 2014

Bread Class

After many weather postponements, the big day finally arrived.  I was a nervous wreck!  Although the weather seemed ok, Trinity had a 2 hour delay.  I was so upset to think I'd gone to all this trouble and no one would be coming.  But 5 ladies did make it, and it was very nice.  I made 3 different kinds of bread, European peasant, roasted garlic mashed potato, and light whole grain buttermilk.  I also made pita and English muffins.  I had frozen pumpernickel that I thawed and cut to have with the dip.  I made spinach dip and buffalo bean dip.  I made cheese toast with the peasant loaf and sandwiches with the buttermilk bread.  And a fruit salad for the kids.  It was a ton of work!  
The presentation went pretty well.  The only big issues was that a big glass fish bowl belonging to one of the ladies was broken right in the middle of the video.  There was glass everywhere and lots of kids were crying.  After clean up, the class resumed.  Also, Joy was whined and cried through much of my presentation, on and off of my back. Despite it all, I think the ladies really enjoyed learning about the bread.  Many have been trying different recipes since.  


No comments:

Post a Comment