Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Cindy's Wedding








What a crazy but wonderful day!  It started the evening before when I found out my hair dresser canceled and I had to give the speech.  The next morning I thought I'd start the day by going to Washington Walmart to buy Paul an easy bake oven.  Then it was crunch time...no local hair dresser's were available so I took my chances at the mall.  It worked out great and I got to write my speech while I got my hair done.  God bless Shawn for managing the children while all this went on.  

We barely made it to get dressed at Grandma's and get to the wedding on time.  Joy freaked when I started walking down the aisle away from her, but we still got some cute pictures anyway.  Before we reached the front of the church she decided to start picking up all the petals Paul dropped.  Paul did a great job at the task we had practiced and reviewed so many times.    Then, Joy made a lot of noise during the service an Shawn took her to the back of the church.  Thankfully, Paul was very well behaved during the ceremony.  Then, we made it through pictures and the kids had fun playing in the nursery while all the other pictures were taken.

Shawn managed the kids while I gave my speech (which went just fine) and ate at the reception.  Then, they had the best time ever dancing!  They really liked the colorful lights on the floor.  It was very difficult to keep them off the dance floor during the bridal dances.  Eventually, they started getting too crazy and stopped listening to reason, so it was time to take them back to Grandmas.  They went to bed without too much hassle.  Shawn went back to the wedding and I had a lovely time visiting with Pokie.  Shawn helped clean up and deal with the crazy people.

We are very happy for Cindy and Anthony and had lots of fun being part of the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment